Perfecting your manuscript is easy, and saves you money.
Yellow Scribe, despite providing an editing service, wants to provide its clients with the oppurtunity to self-format.
Formatting your book is super easy, and it’ll save you money if you’re on a tight budget. Here are some simple steps to help you ensure your book is perfect and ready to be published.
Please format your book on Google Docs, not microsoft word.
- Ensure all body text is either 11 or 12 sized font, and no larger or smaller.
- All of Yellow Scribe’s books are printed in as 5 inches x 8 inches (12.7 x 20.32) which means you will need to configure your document to the size ‘Statement’ (14cm x 21.6). You can do this by going to ‘File’ > ‘Page Setup’ > ‘Statement’
- Double click the header and add in the title of your book, if you want. You can skip this step.
- Ensure there are no ‘invisible spaces’ – these are unnoticeable spaces accidentally added when you copy/paste something into the document.
- Every chapter title MUST be formatted as a heading. This is so, when we configure the table of contents, the program knows which is a heading. To do this, highlight the title, and click the button to the left of the ‘Font’ picker. Choose ‘Heading 2’ for Chapter titles.
- Ensure your manuscript is 100 pages or more, otherwise a spine will not fit spine text on. You may still print your book at 100 pages or less, if you’re willing to sacrifice the spine.
- Submit the document to us by clicking ‘Share’ in the top right corner, and inputting the email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow edit access.